Based in Salt Lake City, Utah
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackrock aims to provide Best of Class approved neurosciences tools to the research community to push the boundaries of human applications. Blackrock already delivers some of the most critical components of leading BCI set-ups. We spend everyday building technology that will benefit patients suffering from paralysis disorders, neurological diseases (ALS, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s), and neural dysfunctions (epilepsy, brain trauma).
Blackrock is seeking a Quality Engineer who will be an integral part of the project team as a subject matter expert on all things electrodes: Operates, repairs, overhauls, services, and maintains equipment in all areas of the health care physical environment. The ideal candidate will be involved in fast paced product design and change efforts through all product life cycles and will be an equal stakeholder in driving projects to success.
- • B.S. (or higher) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- • Minimum 1 year hands-on maintenance and repair with clean room equipment.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/COMPETENCIES DESIRED
- • Physical Requirements:
- Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
- • Must be proficient with electronic testing equipment.
- • Must be thorough and detail oriented.
- • Must have excellent reading, writing and communication skills in the English language.
- • Must have excellent editing skills.
- • Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- • Operates, repairs, overhauls, services, and maintains equipment in all areas of the health care physical environment.
- • Performs regularly scheduled preventive maintenance work on equipment based on manufacturers recommendations or required by code.
- • May assist in designing and implementing mechanical or electrical alterations to new and existing equipment in order to improve efficiency, performance, and extend the life of equipment.
- • May assist in ensuring that all equipment and maintenance standards meet all regulatory compliance requirements mandated by local, state and federal agencies.
- • Maintains clean equipment rooms and other areas to include filter change out.
- • Maintains equipment performance and repair records.
- • Completes required after hours on-call rotation.
The above information on this job description is designed to present the most essential job duties and responsibilities necessary to achieve the job’s end results. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.